- LEED on East College Street
- Energy Monitoring and Feedback System
- Insulation and Heat Island Reduction
- Sustainable Materials and Energy Star
- Daylighting and High Performance Windows
- On-Demand Hot Water Heaters
- Rainwater Collection and Reduced Water Use
- Renewable Energy
- Local Food Production
- The Tree!
By designing the East College Street buildings according to the principles of green architecture, the ECSP not only creates a healthier space in which to live and work but also minimizes the cumulative impact these activities have on energy consumption and the environment.
Throughout design, construction, and operations, the East College Street Project minimized waste and energy use and employed clean, renewable-source materials. The building is demonstrating to those interested in community development that ecological design can be both cost-effective and easily implemented in residential and commercial spaces.
Most importantly as demonstrated by the low utility bills of our residences the East College Street Project is showing the economic benefits of high performance, yet “low-tech,” materials and sustainable design.