- LEED on East College Street
- Energy Monitoring and Feedback System
- Insulation and Heat Island Reduction
- Sustainable Materials and Energy Star
- Daylighting and High Performance Windows
- On-Demand Hot Water Heaters
- Rainwater Collection and Reduced Water Use
- Renewable Energy
- Local Food Production
- The Tree!
It is often said that only three things matter in real estate: location, location, location! We believe that is fundamental to green building as well. We have built the East College Street Project in downtown Oberlin, so that people can live and work with pedestrian access to jobs, schools, shops, and open space, without needing to drive a car. We have also redeveloped a former brownfield site to return an unused area to active use and at the same time help the environment. The first and biggest decision in green building is a location that promotes pedestrian friendly, densely inhabited, mixed-use development that is close to the goods and services we need every day.