- LEED on East College Street
- Energy Monitoring and Feedback System
- Insulation and Heat Island Reduction
- Sustainable Materials and Energy Star
- Daylighting and High Performance Windows
- On-Demand Hot Water Heaters
- Rainwater Collection and Reduced Water Use
- Renewable Energy
- Local Food Production
- The Tree!
The finish materials in every unit are designed to showcase environmentally friendly designs that are attractive, durable, and recyclable.
We are use flooring that is made from rapidly renewable resources like bamboo and Forest Stewardship Council certified hardwoods. All of the paints, sealants, and adhesives used are low-VOC or zero-VOC, to maximize indoor air quality and promote the health of the residents and users.
The appliances within the units were selected for their energy efficiency and are approved by the federal Energy Star program. These appliances generally use 20%–40% less energy than required by federal standards.