2020 | The Tappan
The Tappan, SCA’s first new construction project since Oberlin, was built in 2019. It has 95 apartments and 2,000 square feet of commercial space. We worked with a first-time entrepreneur to launch Leavened Bakery, which has quickly become a neighborhood destination. The project was one of the first in the Midwest to use the Opportunity Zone program, leveraging funds from our partner PNC Bank to create workforce housing units in a transitional neighborhood. The Tappan is part of our commitment to transform Cleveland’s Historic Scranton Corridor, through which we look to fill in the missing teeth of the corridor and add to the streetscape and neighborhood walkability.
- Located in Cleveland's Tremont neighborhood
- $22 million new construction
- 95 apartments, 60% workforce housing
- 2,000 square foot commercial bakery
- New business, Leavened, and nine full-time employees
- Enterprise Green Communities Certified