Mueller Lofts, a 1920s electrical parts factory on a quiet, tree-lined street in AsiaTown, was converted into 51 apartments in 2018. The Mueller Electric company invented and manufactured the iconic “Alligator Clip” that is still used in jumper cables and electronics worldwide today. Initially the building was too deep to efficiently convert from factory to apartments, but Bialosky and Naylor Wellman were able to design and win National Park Service approval for an interior courtyard that brought light, air, and a quiet communal space to the project.
As of 2023, SCA no longer owns or manages Mueller Lofts, allowing us to focus on projects in new neighborhoods we want to make a contribution in, while continuing our stewardship for the rest of the existing portfolio.
- Located in Cleveland's AsiaTown neighborhood
- First major residential development in AsiaTown
- $14 million redevelopment of vacant Brownfield factory building
- Federal and State Historic Tax Credits
- 51 apartments
- Enterprise Green Communities Certified